The hashtag is being used for past several years in social media to promote, attract and organize. Using hashtags makes easier to find people, follow and contribute to conversations. It helps people to boost content and gets engagements. As target audiences can easily find you through hashtags, researching is easier now.
How to use hashtags effectively?
Searching popular hashtags of your industry can help you use variant hashtags at different point of time for more engagement. Firstly start your hashtags with a popular hashtag and use it regularly in a relevant way for every post, photos, and comment even at the time of follow up. Also, keep an eye on trendy hashtags to add it to your post.
What is a UGC Hashtag contest?
UGC contest aka User Generated Content where customers are asked to create or post a content on a social networking site by giving specific hashtags. By doing this the user will get a chance to win a prize.
Content would be in any form such as photo, video, text or review. Winners are chosen by the criteria decided by the brand or by choosing random winners. Later this content helps you to increase brand awareness and build a engage community.
Different platforms to run a hashtag contest.
Hashtags contests can be used on all social media but majorly using this contest on Twitter and Instagram can be result oriented as hashtags are used largely in these platforms.
TWITTER – Revolution of using hashtag started from Twitter to make discussion and conversation easy to find. For example, if you are planning a long weekend in India and you wanted to know some recommendations. By typing it in twitter search bar #India and #Long weekend you would be able to see the post of both hashtags. Nowadays this is the trend of promoting on Twitter. By running such promotions the user gets a chance to win a prize for posting a content with relevant hashtags.
INSTAGRAM – Hashtag competition on Instagram can be easily done by simply creating a hashtag and asking participants to use it in captions with image or video. For Successful Hashtag contest, you need to plan your hashtag contest.
Below are some tips to plan Hashtag Contest.
- Easy Hashtags used for the contest should be small, easy to remember and spell. This will not only help your contest to be easy but will also help your audience to participate and remember your contest. At the same time also use one or two some different hashtags to keep your brand apart from others.
- First, prepare some set of rules to be written and posted in your contest. This will help audiences to get proper guidelines for participating in the contest. Rules should not be posted in comment or caption it should be in landing page so that your post looks in a proper manner.
- Branded hashtags can be appealing as you use a temporary hashtag for the contest at the same post also used brand hashtags so that audience will also use same brand hashtags in their post.
- Nowadays companies trademarking hashtags. So you can’t use other companies name in hashtags. Before using different tags it is important for basic research on same.
- Don’t use too much of hashtags, limit your post with fewer hashtags. Using 9 hashtags in a post generates 2.5 times more engagement.
- In order to get email id of your audiences, you can add an extra award for filling a form. This can help you to use their mail ids for further promotion.
- Post Criteria for choosing winners.
- Get rights for posting the user-generated content. This can be done by taking permissions of the user.
After the competition is over you can use UGC content for further marketing. The material collected is used for creating and sharing stories. In order to boost your business marketing campaign using Hashtags can help for better engagement and build trust among the audiences. Keep following our social handles for future digital marketing updates.
Ad auction process and examples Miss Mei is a 25-year-old woman living in Taipei. The first thing she does every morning is to open Facebook. Thousands of advertisers want to use the dynamic news to show their ads to Little America and other 25-year-old women who also live in Taipei. As a result, Facebook takes a bidding strategy that allows each advertiser to bid for the opportunity to display ads to Little America and other similar users, and then we take other factors into account, such as the attractiveness and relevance of the ad to the ethnic group, Ethnic groups have read the ads to take the click or shopping and other action opportunities. Facebook evaluates all the above criteria before deciding to win the ad auction. In the end, the United States will be small in their own dynamic news, see the winning ads. Ads seen by users on Facebook go through the same auction process. Instagram and Audience Network also use the same bidding mechanism to decide which ad to show.
We help you stay savvy and create a solid online presence with help of 360-degree marketing. The strategies and integration of your online presence is our responsibility as we offer the most extensive digital campaigns. Working across verticals, we make digital marketing a cakewalk for you while we provide integrated and complex strategies to ensure a larger outreach for your Brand